Mission & Purpose
It is the mission of the Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools, in conjunction with other components of the campus, to provide programs, activities and services for prospective and current students, parents, school and community college personnel, and the general public that:
- Attracts and enrolls an undergraduate student body with highly competitive academic capabilities which is representative of the diversity of the people of California;
- Increases the presence and awareness of UC San Diego through marketing, promotional and recruitment activities to prospective students and their parents, high schools, community colleges and the general public; and
- Encourages and increases cooperative educational relationships between UC San Diego and California high schools, community colleges and educational organizations.
Principles of Service
- We have a variety of valued clients — current students, faculty, staff, alumni — but prospective students, their family members, secondary/ independent and post-secondary counselors/ advisers are our most important clientele, and our service and the manner in which we deliver it reflect that primacy.
- We aim to serve students attending UC San Diego who bring prior college credit or who participate in approved overseas and domestic study programs.
- We strive to be effective, efficient, informative, up to date and organized.
- We are friendly, courteous and helpful to external and internal clients. To the greatest degree possible, our clients are given personalized and supportive attention.
- Each member of our staff is a valuable resource for all other staff members. We help each other. Our actions show concern for each other and fully integrate the UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools is an integral part of Student Affairs and is a member of Enrollment Management, which also includes The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office, The Office of the Registrar, and the Information Technology Unit.