Application and Admission Timeline: Freshmen
UC San Diego Applicants
August to November: Apply to UC San Diego
- August 1: The UC Application opens for the academic term beginning next Fall. Attend an on-campus or online Application Workshop.
- November 1 - 30: Submit your UC Application by November 30 deadline.
- After you submit the UC Application, you'll receive an email acknowledgement from the UC Application Center that contains your 7-digit Application ID. This Application ID is the same for every UC campus you apply to and will be required to access the application status portals the campuses use to release admission decisions.
- In December: You’ll receive an email from UC San Diego that confirms we received your application to our campus. Make sure you check all email folders to ensure you are receiving emails from us and they are not being marked as spam.
January to March: Log in to MyApplication and file FAFSA or Dream App
- In mid-to-late January, you'll receive an email from UC San Diego with instructions on how to log into MyApplication (UC San Diego's application status portal).
- January 1 - March 2: File your FAFSA or California Dream Act application. List UCSD school code 001317 on the application. Meet the March 2 deadline to be considered for the best possible funding. Apply for a CAL grant. Forms are also available from your school counselor. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. See Financial Aid timeline for more details.
- Official test scores from ACT, SAT, and TOEFL are due January 30; please request records to be sent to UCSD school code 004836
- By March 31: Freshman admission decisions will be posted on MyApplication.
April 9, Saturday: Triton Day
Triton Day is for all newly admitted freshmen students and their parents and families. Find more information on the Triton Day website.
- Explore your undergraduate college and its services
- Meet faculty, current students, staff, new classmates
- Find out about majors, research, student life, community involvement
- Take a campus tour
May 1: Deadline for Accepting Offer of Admission
Follow the steps outlined on MyApplication.
- Deadline to accept UC San Diego's offer of admission by submitting the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR).
July 1: Deadline For Final Transcripts
July 15: Deadline For AP and IB Test Scores
Follow the steps outlined on your MyApplication checklist.
- AP and IB exam results are due no later than July 15; please request results be sent to UCSD school code 004836. For more information, please refer to the Advanced Placement FAQs.