Application and Admission Timeline: Freshmen
Key dates in the application process
Start working on your online application.
- The UC Application opens in August for the academic term beginning next Fall.
- You can submit it beginning November 1.
Apply online during November.
- Submit your application before November 30.
- When you apply online, you'll receive an email acknowledgement.
Update information on your application
- We'll confirm your application via email so you can follow the application steps online.
- Enter your email address accurately and if it changes, be sure to update it so you get our communications.
After submitting your application
- You'll receive an ID number from the UC Application Center – this is your Application ID. You'll receive just one number, no matter how many UC campuses you apply to. Use this 7-digit Application ID number to access the application websites for each campus.
- Around the third week of January, watch for an email from UC San Diego that also includes this 7-digit Application ID number.
- When MyApplication (the UC San Diego application status portal) is open, you'll be able to check the status of your application. If you try logging in prior to that, you'll find it's unavailable.
- To log onto MyApplication, you'll need your:
- 7-digit Application ID
- date of birth
- city of birth
- Once you log on, you'll see your individual campus ID number for UC San Diego (9 digits, beginning with the letter A). Use this number in all communications with the UC San Diego campus.
Freshman admission decisions are posted.
- You can view admission decisions online. You'll also receive an email reminder to check MyApplication.
- The online packet for admitted students will include a financial aid estimate for students who have filed a FAFSA or California Dream Act application, any scholarship awards that have been made and a link to your application for housing.
Saturday, April 4, 2015
Ready to be a Triton?
Triton Day is for all newly admitted freshmen students and their parents and families. Find more information on the Triton Day website, available in March. Join us:
- explore your undergraduate college and its services
- meet faculty, current students, staff, new classmates
- find out about majors, research, student life, community involvement
- take a campus tour
Deadline to accept UC San Diego's offer of admission by submitting the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence. Follow the steps in MyApplication.
Deadline to submit FINAL transcripts:
Follow the steps outlined on your MyApplication checklist.
Deadline to submit FINAL test scores:
Follow the steps onlined on your MyApplication checklist.
- Official test scores (ACT/ SAT, TOEFL); please request records to be sent to UCSD school code 004836
- AP and IB exam scores; please request results be sent to UCSD school code 004836