Application and Admission Timeline: Freshmen
Key dates in the application process
Start working on your online application.
Apply online during November.
- Submit your application for the academic year, which begins with the following fall quarter.
- When you apply online, we'll send you an email acknowledgement that we've received your application.
- Enter your email address accurately and if it changes, be sure to update it so you get our updates.
We'll confirm your application via email so you can follow the application steps online – here's how:
- You'll receive an ID number from UC Central Processing – this is your Application ID. You'll receive just one number, no matter how many UC campuses you apply to. Use this 7-digit Application ID number to access the application websites for each campus.
- Around the third week of January, watch for an email from UC San Diego that also includes this 7-digit Application ID number.
- When MyApplication (the application status website) is open, you'll be able to check the status of your application. If you try logging in prior to that, you'll find it's unavailable.
- To log onto MyApplication, you'll need your:
- 7-digit Application ID
- date of birth
- city of birth
- Once you log on, you'll see your individual campus ID number for UC San Diego (9 digits, beginning with the letter A). Use this number in all communications with the UC San Diego campus.
Freshman admission decisions are posted.
- You can view admission decisions online. You'll also receive an email reminder to check MyApplication.
- The online packet for admitted students will include a financial aid estimate for students who have filed a FAFSA or California Dream Act application, any scholarship awards that have been made and a link to your application for housing.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
- ready to be a Triton?
- undergraduate colleges welcome you with introductions to support services, advising
- meet faculty, current students, staff, new classmates
- find out about majors, research, student life, community involvement
- take a campus tour
- for all newly admitted freshmen students and their parents and families
- more information on the Triton Day website, available in the spring
Deadline to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR). Both must be submitted. Follow the steps in MyApplication.
Deadline to submit FINAL transcripts:
Follow the steps online on your MyApplication checklist.
- Final, official transcripts: high school(s) plus any college/university transcripts
Deadline to submit FINAL test scores:
Follow the steps onlined on your MyApplication checklist.
- Official test scores (ACT/ SAT, TOEFL); please request records to be sent to UCSD school code 004836
- AP and IB exam scores; please request results be sent to UCSD school code 004836
- November 30 – submit UC Application
- March 2 – file financial aid application
- May 1 – SIR / SLR deadline