What Do I Need to Know to Apply?
As an international applicant, you must meet certain academic and administrative requirements. Be sure to check the freshman requirements or transfer requirements pages for all applicants. Then find additional information below.
Requirements for international students
2 transferable courses in English composition with a B or better (for Transfer students)
TOEFL minimum scores:
- Internet-based: 80
- Paper-based: 550
IELTS minimum score of 7 (Academic module)
AP Exam accepted scores
- English Language and Composition: 3, 4, 5
- English Literature and Composition: 3, 4, 5
IB Exam accepted scores
- English (Lang. A) higher level: 5, 6, 7
- English (Lang. A) standard level: 6 or higher
SAT Reasoning Test Writing Section minimum score of 560
Report scores to the undergraduate admissions office before January.
Report all foreign coursework to be evaluated to determine if credits will transfer
- Do NOT convert the scores yourself or have them converted professionally. The application analyzes scores using each country's grading standards.
- Include explanations if grades do not fit in the given space and are abbreviated
Make sure you have enough financial resources for traveling expenses both to the US and to your home country, fees for the term, and living expenses.
- Get a passport and visa to study in the US
- Secure finances for your stay in the US, including tuition, living costs and transportation costs
- Arrange your living accommodations
- Have in place or plan to purchase a health insurance policy in your home country; then make sure you fill out the Health Fee Waiver to avoid getting charged for Student Health Insurance
- Meet all admission requirements, including sending academic transcripts – follow instructions on MyApplication
- Start planning your arrival with tips from the I-Center