Thank you for your interest in being a College Ambassador!
We are looking for passionate individuals to serve as the face and voice of UC San Diego to over 60,000 visitors each year. College Ambassadors speak authentically and authoritatively about UC San Diego as their current home and academic powerhouse. Your tours, student panels, and front desk enthusiasm will have a huge impact on our guests' college-making decisions, so if you're excited about sharing your college experience and changing lives, we encourage you to apply!
We Look For Students Who
- Share a strong enthusiasm for UC San Diego
- Are articulate, professional, and responsible
- Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment
- Can memorize and present information accurately and concisely
- Can address all questions optimistically
- Are active in the UC San Diego student community (student clubs and organizations, community resource centers, athletics, etc)
- Can work Spring Break and/or in the Summer
- Can lift up to 40 lbs (Admissions brochures)
- Extra bonus: if you're a transfer student, bilingual, or a study abroad returnee!
As A College Ambassador, You
- Must be a registered UC San Diego Undergraduate Student and pay student services fees each quarter working
- Be available to work a minimum of five (5) hours per week
- Attend 10 weeks of training Winter Quarter (2 days a week for 1.5 hours at a time - it's like a class!)
- Must attend all bi-quarterly training meetings (dates provided in application)
- Must participate in large-scale Undergraduate Admissions projects and events
- Conduct memorable walking tours for individuals, families and groups
- Serve on student panels, front desk operations, and give VIP cart tours
- Perform data entry and office support as needed
- Provide a positive visit experience to all guests
- Get exciting opportunities for leadership positions and professional development!
- Consider taking a campus tour to see what we're all about!
- Meet current College Ambassadors and ask them all about the job!
- Optional information sessions will be held Monday, October 16th and Tuesday, October 17th from 5-6:00pm in the Student Services Center, Multipurpose Room. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Submit an application and one letter of recommendation.
- Deadline: October 27th by 4:00pm
- Care Of: Risa Farrell, Campus Tours Coordinator
- In Person: Triton Center - First floor, Student Services Center
- By Mail: 9500 Gilman Drive, Dept 0021, La Jolla, CA, 92093
- All applicants will be notified by email whether they have been selected for a group interview.