Directions and Parking
Parking directions vary depending on the time of year and construction activity/detours. Check this page a few days prior to your tour for the latest information.
Download a printable map and directions (PDF)
Park in Lot P703, then take the free East/Regents shuttle to the Triton Center.
Park in the Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406, then walk to the Triton Center.
Paying for parking:
A parking permit is required on weekdays and may be purchased from the pay station located in each lot. Parking is free on Saturdays.
Full-day parking permits cost $8 in lot P703, and $16 in all other lots
Gilman Parking Structure permits are ONLY valid in Gilman; if you bought a day pass at an information center, it is not valid in Gilman.
Hourly permits are also available, but be aware that you will need a minimum of 2.5 hours to complete a Triton Tour.
Pay stations accept cash ($1 and $5 bills), Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Pay stations do not dispense change.
View information for visitors with disabled person placards or license plates.
Parking at meters is strongly discouraged.
Meters do not allow enough time to complete a Triton Tour.
UC San Diego is located adjacent to the I-5 freeway, between Gilman Drive to the south and Genesee Avenue to the north.
Directions from I-5 to Lot P703 (weekdays)
- Exit Genesee Avenue (exit 29) and go east.
- Continue straight until you reach Campus Point Drive, then turn right.
- Turn left on Voigt Drive.
- Turn right into Lot P703
- Follow directions in section below to get from the lot to the Triton Center.
Directions from I-5 to Gilman Parking Structure and Lot P406 (Saturdays)
- Exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west.
- Turn right at first stoplight, Villa La Jolla Drive, and get in the left lane.
- Drive straight to enter Gilman Parking Structure, or you can turn right on Gilman Drive and make the first left into Lot P406.
Triton Tours start at the Triton Center on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center (corner of Myers Drive and Rupertus Lane).
Directions from Lot P703 to the Triton Center (weekdays)
- Take the East & Regents shuttle to the Price Center (there is a green "P" sign in the front window of the bus).
- At the Price Center drop-off loop, walk straight through the Price Center and out the far doors.
- When you exit the building, you'll see the 5-story Student Services Center in front of you.
- The Triton Center (point of departure for tours) is located on the first level, in the southwest corner.
Directions from Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406 to the Triton Center (Saturdays)
- Walk north along Russell Drive.
- Turn left onto Rupertus Way.
- You'll see the 5-story Student Services Center ahead of you, slightly to your right.
Please give this information to your Transportation Department and bus driver prior to your tour date.
- Allow adequate time for construction on campus and getting to the Campus Tours Office.
- When unloading, please keep a close eye on your students.
Directions to Tour Location:
- From Interstate 5, exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west.
- Go past the stoplight at Villa La Jolla Drive and get in the right lane.
- Take the right-hand turnoff (Gilman Drive).
- Turn right onto Gilman Drive.
- Turn left onto Myers Drive at stoplight.
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Rupertus Way.
- Drop off students and chaperones at the shuttle/bus stop on the right.
- Chaperones need to check in at the Campus Tours Office upon arrival; it's directly across the street.
Bus drivers must continue to parking – please note that parking is not permitted in MTS/city/shuttle bus zones:
- At the end of Rupertus Way, turn right onto Russell Lane.
- Turn left at the stoplight onto Gilman Drive.
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Voigt Drive.
- Cross over the freeway and go past Preuss School (it's on your left).
- Turn left into parking lot P705.
- Buses with E (exempt) plates may park anywhere in this lot for free.
- Buses without E (exempt) plates will need a parking permit for each designated parking space.
- Purchase permit(s) at the machine in the lot, or ahead of time at the Visitor Information Center on Gilman Drive. If the driver is staying with the bus, no fee is required.