Directions and Parking
Directions to parking vary depending on the time of year and construction activity/detours. Check this page a few days prior to your tour for the latest information. View map here.
Paying for Parking
- Each parking lot has a pay station where visitors must purchase a permit prior to going on the tour.
- Permits are $8 all day. (Gilman Parking Structure is $16 all day.)
- Gilman Parking Structure permits are ONLY valid in Gilman and MUST be used in Visitor spaces (white square).
- Parking at a meter will not give you enough time for the tour.
- Parking is free on Saturdays.
- Parking with Disabled Person Placards or License Plates
Directions to UC San Diego campus parking
UC San Diego is located adjacent to the I-5 freeway, between Gilman Drive to the south and Genesee Avenue to the north.
For parking Monday – Friday: Go to Lot P703
For parking on Saturday: Go to Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406
- Exit Genesee Avenue (exit 29) and go east.
- Continue straight until you reach Campus Point Drive, then turn right.
- Turn left on Voigt Drive.
- Turn right into Lot P703
- Follow directions in section below to get from the lot to the Triton Center.
- Exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west.
- Turn right at first stoplight, Villa La Jolla Drive, and get in the left lane.
- Drive straight to enter Gilman Parking Structure, or you can turn right on Gilman Drive and make the first left into Lot P406.
Triton Tours depart from the Triton Center, first floor of the Student Services Center
From Lot P703, take a quick shuttle:
- Take the East & Regents shuttle to the Price Center (there is a green "P" sign in the front window of the bus).
- At the Price Center drop-off loop, walk straight through the Price Center and out the far doors.
- When you exit the building, you'll see the 5-story Student Services Center in front of you.
- The Triton Center (point of departure for tours) is located on the first level, in the southwest corner.
From Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406, it’s a short walk:
- Walk north along Russell Drive.
- Turn left onto Rupertus Way.
- You'll see the 5-story Student Services Center ahead of you, slightly to your right.
Please give this information to your Transportation Department and bus driver prior to your tour date.
- Allow adequate time for construction on campus and getting to the Campus Tours Office.
- When unloading, please keep a close eye on your students.
Directions to Tour Location:
- From Interstate 5, exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west.
- Go past the stoplight at Villa La Jolla Drive and get in the right lane.
- Take the right-hand turnoff (Gilman Drive).
- Turn right onto Gilman Drive.
- Turn left onto Myers Drive at stoplight.
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Rupertus Way.
- Drop off students and chaperones at the shuttle/bus stop on the right.
- Chaperones need to check in at the Campus Tours Office upon arrival; it's directly across the street.
Bus drivers should continue to parking:
- At the end of Rupertus Way, turn right onto Russell Lane.
- Turn left at the stoplight onto Gilman Drive.
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Voigt Drive.
- Cross over the freeway and go past Preuss School (it's on your left).
- Turn left into parking lot P705.
- Buses with E (exempt) plates may park anywhere in this lot for free.
- Buses without E (exempt) plates will need a parking permit for each designated parking space.
- Purchase permit(s) at the machine in the lot, or ahead of time at the Visitor Information Center on Gilman Drive. If the driver is staying with the bus, no fee is required.