Directions and Parking
Directions to parking vary depending on the time of year and construction activity/detours. Check this page a few days prior to your tour for the latest information.
Summer Parking June 17-September 23 use Saturday & Summer Parking instructions below.
- Monday – Friday during school year: Park in Lot P703
- Saturday & Summer: Park in the Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406. Parking is free on Saturday.
- Purchase parking permit at pay stations ($8 all day for most lots, $16 for Gilman Structure). Gilman Structure permits are ONLY valid in Gilman and MUST be used in Visitor spaces (white). Parking at a meter will not give you enough time for the tour. Parking is free on Saturday.
- Parking with Disabled Person Placards or License Plates
Directions to UC San Diego campus parking
UC San Diego is located immediately east of the I-5 freeway, between Gilman Drive to the south and Genesee Avenue to the north.
To Lot P703 (Monday-Friday parking during school year)
- Exit Genesee Avenue (exit 29) and go east
- Continue straight until you reach Campus Point Drive, then turn right
- Turn left on Voigt Drive
- Turn right into Lot P703
To Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406 (Saturday & Summer parking)
- Exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west.
- Turn right at first stoplight, Villa La Jolla Drive, and get in the left lane.
- Drive straight to enter Gilman Parking Structure, or you can turn right on Gilman Drive and make the first left into Lot P406.
Triton Tours depart from the Triton Center, first floor of the Student Services Center
From Lot P703, there are two shuttle and short walk options:
- East & Regents shuttle to the Price Center (there is a green "P" on the front of the bus)
- Walk straight through the Price Center and out the far doors.
- Once back outside, you'll see the 5-story Student Services Center in front of you. The Triton Center is located on the 1st floor.
- Campus Loop shuttle to the intersection of Gilman and Myers
- Turn right on Myers Drive.
- Turn right on Rupertus Way.
- You'll see the 5-story Student Services Center straight ahead of you on the left.
From Gilman Parking Structure or Lot P406, it’s a short walk:
- Walk north along Russell Lane.
- Turn left onto Rupertus Way.
- You'll see the 5-story Student Services Center straight ahead of you on the right.
- Allow adequate time for construction on campus and getting to the Campus Tours Office.
- When unloading, please keep a close eye on your students.
Directions to Tour Location:
Please give this information to your Transportation Department and bus driver prior to your tour date.
- From Interstate 5, exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west.
- Go past the stoplight at Villa La Jolla Drive and get in the right lane.
- Take the right-hand turnoff (Gilman Drive).
- Turn right onto Gilman Drive.
- Turn left at stop sign 4 (Myers Drive).
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Rupertus Way.
- Drop off students and chaperones at the shuttle/bus stop on the right.
- Chaperones need to check in at the Campus Tours Office upon arrival; it's just across the street.
Bus drivers should continue to parking:
- At the end of Rupertus Way, turn right onto Russell Lane.
- Turn left at the stoplight onto Gilman Drive.
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Voigt Drive.
- Cross over the freeway and go past Preuss School.
- Turn left into parking lot P705.
- Buses with E (exempt) plates may park anywhere in this lot for free.
- Buses without E (exempt) plates will need a parking permit for each designated parking space.
- Purchase permit(s) at the machine in the lot, or ahead of time at the Visitor Information Center on Gilman Drive. If the driver is staying with the bus, no fee is required.
Contact Campus Tours Office
, (858) 822-4750.