College Ambassador Jobs
Become a College Ambassador — it's the best job on campus! Check out our recruiting flyer and more information on this page.
College Ambassadors represent the university to 40,000+ visitors each year. We give the tours for prospective students and families.
The Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools is hiring tour guides! If you're sociable and personable, enjoy talking with diverse populations of people and want to share your excitement about what this university can offer, then this just might be the job for you. We're looking for the best "ambassadors" around, UC San Diego students who represent all sectors of the campuss community, are from all colleges and majors, and have a variety of experiences. We accept all applications, transfer and bilingual students are especially encouraged to apply.
Five hours minimum work time per week, with summer hours available. Paid training time. Lots of walking.
- Meet people — meet a lot of people!
- Learn about UC San Diego's history.
- Practice your public-speaking skills.
- Get some walking exercise, and get paid to do it.
Download the information recruiting flyer.
- Minimum 5 hours a week
- Attend 10 weeks of training Winter Quarter (2 days a week, 3 hours)
- Conduct 60 and 90 minute walking tours of the UC San Diego campus to groups and individuals
- Work collaboratively and utilize excellent customer service skills
- Attend mandatory bi-quarterly College Ambassador training meetings
- Meet as needed with Senior College Ambassador or Campus Tours Coordinator for training
- Participate in outreach and recruitment activities (on and off campus), Phone-A-Thons and special events hosted by the Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools
- Golf cart training for those licensed to drive
- General office duties include: greeting visitors in the Triton Center and directing them to various campus departments, answering phones, returning messages, outbound calls to current and prospective students, working with the Campus Tours reservation system, assisting Admissions Officers with walk-ins and special projects as assigned.
- Be available to work Summer hours following hire
- To apply you must be a registered UCSD Undergraduate Student and pay UCSD student services fees each quarter working.
- Excellent public speaking and customer-service skills
- Work well with peers as part of a team
- Listen and relate to people of different backgrounds, values, and age groups
- Ability to memorize and present information accurately and concisely
- Lift up to 40 lbs (Admissions brochures)
- Transfer students or bilingual a plus
- General office skills include using Microsoft Word, Excel; answering phones and returning messages
Take a campus tour before you apply, just to see what it's like. Available nearly every day at 10 a.m., except Sundays and holidays. Sign up online for a Triton Tour.
Complete & print the attached application. Return it with your recommendation letter to:
Campus Tours Coordinator
Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools
Triton Center, Student Services Center First Floor
9500 Gilman Drive, #0021
La Jolla, CA, 92093-0021