Transfer Admission Guarantee: Fall 2014
The Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program offered guaranteed admission to UC San Diego for students who completed a core set of courses and met GPA requirements. The TAG program has ended; however, UC San Diego continues to welcome applications for admission from transfer students.
Download the 2013-14 TAG flyer (PDF).
- You must be a California community college student. Do you meet the definition?
- you have been enrolled at one or more CCCs for at least 2 regular terms (excludes summer sessions);
- you have completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) UC-transferable units at a CCC;
- you are attending a CCC as your last college before UC San Diego admission (excludes summer sessions).
- You must be in good standing during your last regular term.
- You must earn a cumulative 3.5 minimum UC GPA earned by the end of Fall term 2013 and maintained through the end of Spring term 2014.
- Both of the UC English courses and the UC math course must be completed by the end of Fall 2013, prior to Fall 2014 admission.
- International students, see additional details below.
- You must be applying for admission with junior standing:
- 60 UC-transferable semester units (or 90 UC-transferable quarter units) completed by Spring 2014
- Complete the UC TAG online application form and submit.
- Submit your UC application for admission.
- Check the 2 boxes required for the TAG program: UCSD TAG and IGETC
- Complete the TAG program requirements.
- Full completion of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) is required.
- You must submit your IGETC certification form by the deadline July 15, 2014, for Fall quarter 2014 (IGETC completed by end of Spring 2014)
Note: The TAG online application form does not replace your UC application for admission. Though the online TAG application is a UC form, each campus's TAG program may have different requirements.
- Can only have domestic (U.S.) coursework to be eligible for TAG; no international coursework is permitted.
- Will be held to English proficiency:
- TOEFL with a score of 83; OR
- IELTS with a score of 7; OR
- "B" grades or better in each of your 2 transferable English classes (note this is not a "B" average)
- All transfer students are strongly advised to complete general education courses as well as lower-division major requirements.
- If you are applying for an impacted major you must complete all required major preparation coursework prior to transfer.
- If you are applying for a major that requires additional lower-division preparation (designated a pre-major), you will need to complete certain required courses at UC San Diego before being admitted into the major.
- Check the agreements between UC San Diego and your community college on ASSIST. For more information about major-preparation coursework, talk to your community college counselor or email Transfer Student Services at UC San Diego.
- Admission to a particular major is not guaranteed
- Admission to a particular undergraduate college is not guaranteed
Contact your community college advisor or Admissions and Relations with Schools
, by email
, by calling (858) 534-4831 or by meeting with an Admissions Officer
here on campus.