UniversityLink is your pathway to a premier four-year university by way of community college. View the sections below or download the UniversityLink flyer for more details Use the link in the Application section below to apply online.
UniversityLink Local Partner Community Colleges
- Imperial Valley
- San Diego City
- San Diego Mesa
- San Diego Miramar
- Guaranteed admission to UC San Diego
- Assessment of your academic skills
- One-on-one academic counseling to ensure you take the right steps toward transferring
- Assistance with choosing courses to fulfill general education and major-preparation requirements
- Workshops for college and transfer success
- Financial aid information
- Advising from a UCSD Admissions Officer
- Invitations to special events at UC San Diego
- Contact with current UCSD students for up-to-date perspectives on transferring
You are eligible for UniversityLink if your family income is no more than $40,000 per year and you are a high school senior planning to attend one of the UniversityLink local partner community colleges; or your family income is no more than $40,000 per year and you are a first-year student at one of the UniversityLink local partner community colleges. Applicants are required to complete a FAFSA to determine income confirmation. If you are not eligible to file a FAFSA but qualify for AP540, you should submit the California Dream Application. You are not eligible if you have completed college coursework at a non-partner college after graduation from high school or after completion of your GED.
You are eligible for UniversityLink if you are a student veteran, active duty service member or current/former foster youth attending one of the UniversityLink local partner community colleges, regardless of first-time college status. You may participate in UniversityLink at any time.
International students are not eligible for UniversityLink.
- Complete a minimum of 60 UC-transferable semester units (90 quarter units) by end of spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego.
- Earn a cumulative 3.5 UC GPA by the end of fall term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego, and maintain a 3.5 UC GPA through the end of spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego.
- Meet UC eligibility by completing these UC-transferable college courses:
- 2 English composition
- 1 mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning
- 4 courses from at least 2 of the following areas:
- Arts and humanities
- Physical and biological sciences
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Both of the UC English courses and the UC math course must be completed by the end of fall term prior to fall enrollment at UC San Diego.
- Submit an online UniversityLink application during the spring of senior year in high school or during the first year at a partner community college
- Attend one UniversityLink orientation program at your community college to understand eligibility requirements and program expectations
- Connect once a year with a UC San Diego Admissions Officer at your community college to ensure you are on track with program requirements, coursework, and major preparation
- Participate in a UC application workshop/UC San Diego campus tour where you will meet UC San Diego faculty, staff and students
- Submit a UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) form during your first year at the partner community college and meet with a community college advisor
- Apply to UC San Diego no later than 3 years from the time of beginning your studies at a local partner community college
- Attend the UniversityLink Summer Symposium prior to applying to UC San Diego
- Complete all UC San Diego major preparation available at your local partner community college and declare that major at the time of completing the UC San Diego admissions application
We strongly recommend these additional program components to ensure your success:
- Take a College Success Skills course during your first year at a partner community college
- Upon matriculation to UC San Diego, meet with a UC San Diego College advisor and maintain that relationship
Complete and submit the online UniversityLink application during the spring of your senior year in high school or during the first year at a partner community college.
Are you interested in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, biomedical science research or allied health careers? You could be eligible for a 4-week summer program on the UC San Diego campus. Find out more
Questions about the UniversityLink program? Please contact Timothy Borch, email@example.com
in Transfer Student Services.