This tour is for students from elementary, middle school, high school, and community college, or from service clubs, in groups of 11 or more. Other groups (alumni, adult service clubs, corporations) will enjoy the public tour.
Reserve your School Group Tour here.
- Tours are available Monday through Friday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., and Saturday at 10 a.m., closed holidays
- Space is limited.
School Group Tour includes:
- 60-minute walking tour led by UC San Diego students. There are some hills and steps, so plan accordingly. We recommend: comfortable shoes, sunscreen or hat.
Optional presentations – available Monday-Friday
- 15-minute Student Discussion Panel (for middle school and older)
Start time: 12:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m., depending on your tour start time
- question & answer session where UC San Diego students share their academic and social experiences
- 15-minute Information Session, conducted by a UC San Diego Admissions Officer (for high school and older)
Start time: directly following your tour
- admission requirements and application review process
- college-system overview and information
- financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- question& answer session
Conduct and chaperones
- We require one adult chaperone for every 20 students.
- Chaperones must be provided by your school/organization. We are unable to lead tours for groups without chaperones.
- Chaperones are responsible for your students and must accompany the group at all times.
- For your students to get the most from touring a university campus, we suggest your chaperones set rules of conduct prior to the tour. We suggest the following:
- Everyone needs to stay with and keep up with the tour group at all times.
- The group may ask questions at points allocated by your tour guide or at the end of tour.
- Please have your students and chaperones turn off their cell phones while on the tour.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early so we can divide the students into smaller groups.
- Check in at the Triton Center, on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center (corner of Myers Drive and Rupertus Lane). map
- If your group is delayed, please call our office at (858) 822-4750, and let us know; we will do our best to provide you with the full one-hour tour, though your tour may be shortened.
- If we don't receive notice and your group is 20 minutes late, we will cancel the tour.
Even if you aren't able to take one of our scheduled tours, you can still see the campus! Take a self-guided tour and explore our beautiful location and exciting activities yourself! Our map highlights the central hubs of campus and allows you to explore Town Square, Price Center, Geisel Library, and Library Walk.
Additionally, you access our Virtual Tour online or on your mobile devices for additional stopping points and to listen to dozens of fun facts.
If you have any questions, you can always come by the Triton Center for answers, student perspective, and directions. We're located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center, on the corner of Myers Dr and Rupertus Ln.