Campus Tours for Prospective Students
Reserve your tour here.
- Tours are available Monday through Saturday at 10 a.m., closed holidays [additional tour times added during spring and summer]
- Check in at the Triton Center on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center (corner of Myers Drive and Rupertus Lane) map
Triton Tour includes:
- 30-minute Admission Information Session, conducted by an Admissions Officer
- 90-minute walking tour led by current students. Comfortable shoes and sun protection are recommended.
If you require special accommodations, please check the box on your reservation form and we'll contact you to discuss how we can help make your visit more enjoyable. Please allow at least two weeks before your visit so we may assist you.
Directions and Parking
This tour is for students from elementary, middle school, high school, and community college, or from service clubs, in groups of 11 or more. Other groups (alumni, adult service clubs, corporations) will enjoy the public tour.
Reserve your School Group Tour here.
- Tours are available Monday through Friday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., and Saturday at 10 a.m., closed holidays
- Space is limited.
School Group Tour includes:
- 60-minute walking tour led by UC San Diego students. There are some hills and steps, so plan accordingly. We recommend: comfortable shoes, sunscreen or hat.
Optional presentations – available Monday-Friday
- 30-minute Student Discussion Panel (for middle school and older)
Start time: 12:15 p.m. or 2:15 p.m., depending on your tour start time
- question & answer session where UC San Diego students share their academic and social experiences
- 30-minute Information Session, conducted by a UC San Diego Admissions Officer (for high school and older)
Start time: directly following your tour
- admission requirements and application review process
- college-system overview and information
- financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- question& answer session
Conduct and chaperones
- We require one adult chaperone for every 20 students.
- Chaperones must be provided by your school/organization. We are unable to lead tours for groups without chaperones.
- Chaperones are responsible for your students and must accompany the group at all times.
- For your students to get the most from touring a university campus, we suggest your chaperones set rules of conduct prior to the tour. We suggest the following:
- Everyone needs to stay with and keep up with the tour group at all times.
- The group may ask questions at points allocated by your tour guide or at the end of tour.
- Please have your students and chaperones turn off their cell phones while on the tour.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early so we can divide the students into smaller groups.
- Check in at the Triton Center, on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center (corner of Myers Drive and Rupertus Lane). map
- If your group is delayed, please call our office at (858) 822-4750, and let us know; we will do our best to provide you with the full one-hour tour, though your tour may be shortened.
- If we don't receive notice and your group is 20 minutes late, we will cancel the tour.
Summer Accommodations for Triton Tour guests
The Village at Torrey Pines: Check Inn and Check us out!
- Available Dates: June 18 – September 7, 2015
- Rates: $130.00 per apartment, per night
- Exclusive offer for Triton Tour guests
- Your Triton Tour confirmation email will contain a registration link to register for your apartment online
- Apartments are located on campus at The Village at Torrey Pines, just a few miles from La Jolla’s famous beaches, shopping and dining
- Apartments are spacious, private and include modern amenities and daily housekeeping
Places to visit on campus
- Performing and Visual Arts all year round
Please pay attention to restrictions when you buy a parking permit.
Lane closures on I-5 at Genesee Ave ramps could cause delays.
Tours for the public
If you're not a prospective student, parent or counselor, the UC San Diego public tours are perfect. Details here