Application and Admission Timeline: Transfer Students
Key dates in the application process
Are you a TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee program) student?
Start working on your online application.
Apply online during November.
- File your application for the academic year, which begins with the following fall quarter.
- When you apply online, we'll send you an email acknowledgement that we've received your application.
We'll confirm your application via email so you can follow the application steps online — here's how:
- You'll receive an ID number from UC Central Processing – this is your Application ID. You'll receive just one number, no matter how many UC campuses you apply to. Use this 7-digit Application ID number to access the application websites for each campus.
- Around the third week of January, watch for an email from UC San Diego that also includes this 7-digit Application ID number.
- When MyApplication (the application status webiste) is open, you'll be able to check the status of your application. If you try logging in prior to that, you'll find it's unavailable.
- To log onto MyApplication, you'll need your:
- 7-digit Application ID
- Date of birth
- City of birth
- Once you log on, you'll see your individual campus ID number for UC San Diego (9 digits, beginning with the letter A). Use this number in all communications with the UC San Diego campus.
- Apply for financial aid – check out details and videos on the Financial Aid timeline.
- Deadline to file FAFSA or California Dream Act applications is March 2.
- Apply for a CAL grant. Forms are also available from your school counselor.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Transfer admission decisions are posted.
- You can view admission decisions online. You'll also receive an e-mail reminder to check MyApplication.
- The online packet for admitted students will include a financial aid estimate for students who have filed a FAFSA or California Dream Act application, any scholarship awards that have been made and a link to your application for housing.
Admitted transfer students
Transfer Admit Day
Date will be posted in Fall 2013
- ready to be a Triton?
- undergraduate colleges welcome you with introductions to support services, advising
- tour The Village @Torrey Pines
- meet faculty, current students, staff, new classmates
- find out about majors, research, student life, community involvement
- take a campus tour
- for all newly admitted transfer students and their parents and families
- Attend Transfer Admit Day – more details will be on the Transfer Admit Day website, available in the spring
Deadline to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR). Both must be submitted. Follow the steps in MyApplication.
Deadline to submit final documents:
Follow the steps online on your MyApplication checklist.
- Official transcripts: high school, college
- AP or IB test scores
- IGETC certification from your California community college, if applicable
- November 30 – submit UC Application
- March 2 – file financial aid application
- June 1 – SIR / SLR deadline