The University of California Application opens for the academic term beginning next Fall.
FAFSA and California Dream Act Open
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents: Complete FAFSA, use IRS data retrieval for tax information.
- Non-U.S. citizens: Complete California Dream Act Application if you are a California resident not eligible for FAFSA who attended a CA High School for 3 years or more and will or have already graduated (AB540 eligible).
October 1 - November 30
Submit Your Application
Submit the University of California Application by the November 30 deadline.
Upon receipt of their application, applicants will receive an email invitation to the Applicant Portal with login instructions. Make sure you check all email folders to ensure you are receiving emails from us and they are not being marked as spam.
Complete Your Transfer Academic Update
You must log in to your application and complete the Transfer Academic Update.
By March 2
File Your FAFSA
File your FAFSA or California Dream Act application. Forms are also available from your school counselor. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. See Financial Aid timeline for more details.
- List UC San Diego school code 001317 on your application.
- Meet the March 2 deadline to be considered for the best possible funding.
- Apply for a CAL grant.
March - April
Transfer Admission Decisions Posted
Transfer admission decisions will be posted on the Applicant Portal.
Applicants selected for Waitlist
Select applicants will be invited to opt in to our waitlist through their Applicant Portal.
Transfer applicants must opt in by 11:59 pm PST on May 15.
Being on the waitlist does not guarantee an offer of admission. We strongly urge students to accept another university’s admission offer before the appropriate deadline to ensure they have secured a spot at an institution.
By July 31, final decisions will be released to applicants who opt in to the waitlist. There is no appeal process for the waitlist.
Appeals for Applicants Not Offered Admission or Waitlist
Every application to UC San Diego is reviewed thoroughly. Admission decisions are made carefully to meet the enrollment goals of the university. Therefore, successful appeals are very rare.
Applicants who have new and compelling academic information that was not presented in their original application, may submit an appeal through their Applicant Portal by May 15. No appeals will be accepted after the deadline. Waitlisted students may not appeal.
Deadline to Accept UC San Diego's Offer of Admission
Accept your offer through the Applicant Portal.
Deadline to Submit Your Final Transcripts
- Submit all official college and/or university transcripts. You do not need to submit a high school transcript if you satisfied the American History & Institution requirement with college-level coursework or by earning a 3 or higher on the AP U.S. History exam. If you attended high school outside of the U.S., an official transcript is not required.
- Refer to Required Documents from Schools Outside the United States if any of your coursework was taken outside the U.S.
AP and IB Exam Results Due
AP and IB exam results are due no later than July 15.
- Please request results be sent to UC San Diego, school code: 004836.
- For more information, please refer to the Advanced Placement FAQs.