This dropdown chart shows the names of certificates, diplomas and other documents that are the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma.

This page is for:

  • prospective students intending to apply to UC San Diego - use this as a guide for planning.
  • current applicants who are waiting for a decision and who graduated from a secondary school outside the U.S. - make sure you meet this condition.

If you are a newly admitted first-year or transfer student, please visit the Required Documents from Schools Outside the United States page. You will need to request official records from the school(s) you attended.

You must achieve excellent results on your final secondary school exams. Find your country or region below to see the name of the documents.