UC San Diego’s coastal campus spans 1,200 scenic acres and all tours last up to two hours. Review the instructions below before arrival to ensure you arrive on time and park in the most convenient location.
Where to Park? Depends When You Visit.
Park in Regents Rd West Lot (P704) and pay for parking at one of the nearby kiosks. Take the North Campus Shuttle (the bus with the blue "N") to Price Center Loop. Exit the shuttle and follow the tour guides or signs to the Triton Center.
Paying for Parking
You must purchase a permit to park on campus Monday - Friday.
Visitors can purchase hourly ($3/hour) or daily ($30/day) parking using pay stations located in each parking area or with the ParkMobile App.
Parking at meters is strongly discouraged. Meters do not allow enough time for you to complete a Triton Tour.
Triton Tours will need a minimum of 4 hours.
Pay stations sell Visitor (V) permits. Pay stations do not dispense change. Pay with any combination of the following:
Cash — $1 and $5 bills only
Visa, MasterCard or American Express
Pay for and extend parking sessions with the ParkMobile App
A properly dated V pay station permit provides visitor parking in these spaces:
- V: 24 hours daily
- S: 24 hours daily
- B: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. daily
- A: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. daily
- Not valid where posted “A permit required 24 hours a day, 7 days a week”
- Never valid in: Lot P604
Parking is free on Saturdays except for resurfaced spaces and those posted as "A permit required 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
Parking with Disabled Person Plates or Placard
Our Triton Tours are accessible for all visitors with disabilities.
Be sure to review the parking information for disabled placards or license plates.
ParkMobile lets you easily pay for on-street and off-street parking right from your mobile device. You can also reserve parking ahead of time.
Individuals who do not carry smartphones can also pay for parking with ParkMobile by calling (877) 727-5932.
Alternative Transporation to Campus
Driving Directions: I-5 to Campus Parking Structures
UC San Diego is located adjacent to the I-5 freeway, between Gilman Drive to the south and Genesee Avenue to the north.
Directions from I-5 to Parking Lot P704 (Monday - Friday)
- Exit Genesee Avenue (exit 29) and go east
- Turn right on Campus Point Drive
- Turn left on Voigt Drive
- Turn right into Lot P704
- Purchase a parking pass at designated kiosk (make sure your pass is valid for at least 4 hours)
- Note: Using google maps, enter Regents Road West Lot into your GPS for navigational assistance.
Directions from I-5 to Gilman Parking Structure (Saturdays)
- Exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west
- Turn right at first stoplight, Villa La Jolla Drive, and move into the left lane
- Drive straight to enter the Gilman Parking Structure
- Follow directional signs from the parking structure to the Triton Center
Once You Arrive: Getting to the Triton Center
Triton Tours start at the Triton Center on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center (corner of Myers Drive and Rupertus Lane).
Shuttle Directions from Parking Lot P704 (Monday - Friday)
There is 1 shuttle that easily transports you to main campus from lot P704. Take the North Campus (Blue N), shuttle Price Center Loop.
Exit the bus, walk through the Price Center food court and through the grassy quad to reach the Triton Center, just a quick walk away.
Look for College Ambassadors in their navy blue polos to direct you onto the right shuttle and from the drop off point to our office.
Walking Directions from Gilman Parking Structure (Saturdays)
- Walk north along Russell Drive
- Turn left onto Rupertus Way
- The 5-story Student Services Center will be ahead of you, slightly to your right
- Follow the signs to the Triton Center, located on the 1st floor (southwest side)
Bus & Van Parking: Group Tours
To make your group transportation as smooth as possible, we recommend giving this information to your Transportation Department and bus driver prior to your tour date.
Requests & Suggestions
- Allow adequate time for construction on campus and getting to the Campus Tours Office.
- When unloading, please keep a close eye on your students.
- Ask the staff at the Triton Center front desk for a map upon your arrival.
Directions to Group Tour Drop-Off
- From Interstate 5, exit La Jolla Village Drive (exit 28) and go west
- Proceed past the stoplight at Villa La Jolla Drive and move into the right lane
- Take the right-hand turnoff (Gilman Drive)
- Turn right onto Gilman Drive
- Turn left at the stoplight onto Myers Drive
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Rupertus Way
- Drop off students and chaperones at the shuttle/bus stop on the right
- Chaperones must check in upon arrival at the Campus Tours Office, located directly across the street
- Drivers must continue to bus parking
Parking: Buses with E (Exempt) Plates
Buses with E (exempt) plates are permitted to park at the Bus zone on Pangea Drive
- At the end of Rupertus Way, turn right onto Russell Lane
- Turn right at the stoplight onto Gilman Drive
- Stay right to merge onto La Jolla Village Drive (which becomes N. Torrey Pines Rd)
- Turn right onto Pangea Drive and park in the bus zones directly on the left and right
Parking: Vans and Buses without E (Exempt) Plates
Vans and buses without E (exempt) plates are only permitted to park in Parking lot P704
- At the end of Rupertus Way, turn right onto Russell Lane
- Turn left at the stoplight onto Gilman Drive
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Voigt Drive
- Cross over the freeway and go past Preuss School (on left)
- Turn right into parking lot P704
- Buses with E (exempt) plates may park anywhere in this lot for FREE
- Other vehicles are required to purchase permit(s) at the machine in the lot, or ahead of time at the Visitor Information Center on Gilman Drive. (Note: If the driver is staying with the bus, no fee is required.)