The University of California Application opens for the academic term beginning next Fall.
FAFSA and California Dream Act Open
FAFSA and California Dream Act applications open. Only complete one.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents: Complete FAFSA, use IRS data retrieval for tax information.
- Non-U.S. citizens: Complete California Dream Act Application if you are a California resident not eligible for FAFSA who attended a CA High School for 3 years or more and will or have already graduated (AB540 eligible).
October 1 - November 30
Submit Your Application
Submit the University of California Application by the November 30 deadline.
Upon receipt of their application, applicants will receive an email invitation to the Applicant Portal with login instructions. Make sure you check all email folders to ensure you are receiving emails from us and they are not being marked as spam.
By March 2
File Your FAFSA
File your FAFSA or California Dream Act application. Forms are also available from your school counselor. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. See Financial Aid timeline for more details.
- List UC San Diego school code 001317 on your application.
- Meet the March 2 deadline to be considered for the best possible funding.
- Apply for a CAL grant.
First-Year Admission Decisions Posted
First-Year admission decisions will be posted on the Applicant Portal by the end of March.
Appeals for Applicants Not Admitted
Every application to UC San Diego is reviewed thoroughly by at least two readers. Admission decisions are made carefully to meet the enrollment goals of the university. Therefore, successful appeals are very rare.
Applicants who have new and compelling academic information that was not presented in their original application, may submit an appeal through their Applicant Portal by March 31. No appeals will be accepted after the deadline.
Applicants invited to join the Waitlist
Select applicants will be invited to opt in to our waitlist through their Applicant Portal.
First-year applicants must opt in to the waitlist by 11:59pm on April 15.
Being on the waitlist does not guarantee an offer of admission. We strongly urge students to accept another university's admission offer before the appropriate deadline to ensure they have secured a spot at an institution.
By June 30, final decisions will be released to applicants who opt in to the waitlist.
Deadline for First-Year Admits to Accept UC San Diego's Offer of Admission
Accept your offer through the Applicant Portal.
Deadline to Submit Your Final Transcripts
- Submit final, official transcripts: high school(s) plus any college/university transcripts.
- Refer to Required Documents from Schools Outside the United States if any of your coursework was taken outside the U.S.
AP and IB Exam Results Due
AP and IB exam results are due no later than July 15.
- Please request results be sent to UC San Diego, school code: 004836.
- For more information, please refer to the Advanced Placement FAQs.
We're looking for fearless innovators. Bold risk-takers. Those with a compulsive urge to take things apart, discover what makes them tick and put them back together in surprising new ways. People who are eager to swap ideas, share experiences and explore the world with a fresh perspective. If that sounds like you, start building your future at UC San Diego.